Are you planning to live and work in the UK? The following are some of the important things to know about living and working in the UK. First and foremost, you need to know how to apply for a UK work visa from outside of the UK, that is, if you are a non-UK resident because each and every individual working in the UK must have a work visa. This visa is issued under four different categories. These categories are: the general category, the post-office work category, the skilled worker category and the temporary worker category. This visa is applied online but if you do not know how to go about it, you can seek advice from other people who know more about its application.


For you to apply for the visa you must meet the required requirements under the category you are applying for. These requirements are usually highlighted under the various categories. You are therefore required to go through them and determine whether you meet them. Also, there is a tool that assesses your eligibility. You can use this tool to determine whether you meet the needed requirements. If you meet the required requirements, follow the following steps to apply for a UK work visa:


1. The first step involves taking your degrees and certifications to the National Recognition center for the United Kingdom. The work of this center is to evaluate your degrees and determine their validity. If it finds your degrees and certifications to be valid, it gives you an okay to move to the next step.

2. The second step is so simple and requires you to put all your degree, certifications and evaluations together and ready for the next step.


3. The third step involves applying for the visa. The visa is applied online. You are required to go to the official UK website and apply for the visa. This website has guidelines to guide you through the whole process. You will be asked to make payments during the application process.


4. The last step requires you to take your degrees, evaluations and applications to the British consulate in your country. The consulate will go through your documents and get back to you as soon as possible.


People who follow these steps get their work visas within the shortest time possible unlike those who fail to follow the steps. In addition to having a work visa, there are some things that you need to know about life in the UK These things are: the medical facilities, education, housing and many others.


Medical facilities in the UK

There are two types of medical facilities in the UK There are state-owned facilities and private facilities. State-owned facilities are owned by the government while private facilities are owned by individuals or companies. Services offered in private owned facilities are efficient of high quality as compared to those offered in state-owned facilities. This is because, private facilities are expensive and most people do not go there. This makes them less congested as compared to public facilities. Public facilities are congested as most of their services are free and cheap attracting most people to them. Examples of free services offered in state-owned facilities are: NHS (National Health Services). These services cover common diseases and emergencies. People have to apply for these services for them to be able to use them. There are various agents and specialists who guide people on how to apply for these services. It is therefore important to know how to apply for these services. There are different journals on the internet on how to apply for these services. Read them to get the required information.


Education in the UK

Education in the U.K is offered by the private and public sector. Schools owned by the state are referred to as state-owned schools while those owned by the private sector are called independent schools. Independent schools are quite expensive and only a few parents can afford them. This is not the case with state-owned schools where education is completely free. Most parents therefore take their children to state-owned schools. Due to the large number of students who attend state-owned schools, their number is very high. There are so many state-owned schools and each of them performs differently. Therefore, before taking your children to any of these schools, ensure that you know more about its performance and everything else. Conduct a simple survey to determine the best school to take your kids for better results.


There are many other things to know about living and working in the UK Doing a lot of reading and research will help you know everything about the UK that you need to know. Also, you can use social sites to communicate with UK residents and ask them all the questions that you need to know about the UK.